Understanding and Installing Ceramic Tile for the Entry-Level Tile Installer
Understanding & Installing Ceramic Tile (UICT) – $795.00
NOTE: This program will cease its 4.5-day timeline after the March 4th class and be expanded to a full day on Friday, with additional focus on hands-on training. New pricing for all UICT classes AFTER the March 4th class will be $1095.00.
Understanding & Installing Ceramic Tile (UICT) offers basic instruction of the TNCA Handbook and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) specifications along with actual hands-on experience for the individual seeking an entry-level installer position with a tile contractor.
Course Overview for Understanding & Installing Ceramic Tile
This 4-1/2 day course provides basic instruction of the TCNA Handbook and ANSI specifications along with actual hands-on experience in installing tile. It is ideal for someone who is seeking an entry-level installer position with a tile contractor.
It is also designed for the salesperson, technical service representative, or any other individual seeking a basic working knowledge of ceramic tile.
All aspects of the thin-bed (thin set) tile installation process including floor prep and installation materials are covered during this 4-1/2 day program.
- Work clothes and shoes are recommended. (No open-toe shoes or sandals permitted)
- Attendees work in actual room-size modules installing tile.
- Materials are removed while being reviewed for adherence to industry standards.
- All tools, materials, and equipment will be provided
All attendees receive a certificate of attendance.
To Receive a Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion is available based on satisfactory work performed on the modules and achieving a passing grade on the take-home, open-book, written test within 30 days after completion.
Testing is not mandatory and only required if a certificate of completion is desired.
The UICT course does not provide any certification or endorsement of ability/knowledge.
This class is held Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, and Friday, 8:00 AM-12:00 PM at the CTEF Training Facility in Pendleton, SC.
Course cost: $795.00
- A 15% discount is offered if you register for both the Understanding & Installing Ceramic Tile and Mortar Shower Base & Waterproofing classes
- Total cost for both: $1,095.00
- AFTER March 4th, there is a 20% discount when registering for both the EXPANDED UICT and NEW Comprehensive Shower Class: $1495.00