Fundamentals of Thin-Bed Knowledge (FTBK) – $99.00
Fundamentals of Thin-Bed Knowledge is an educational course designed to enhance the knowledge of persons who function in the tile industry so they can better assist and support the tile installer.
Thin-Bed Tile Installation Course Overview
Fundamentals of Thin-Bed Knowledge (FTBK) was developed specifically for non-installers such as sales staff, field representatives, and technical service personnel to augment their familiarity with the products, industry standards, installation methods, and best practices necessary to provide a tile installation of the highest quality.
The FTBK Study Guide provides the user with all the information encompassed in the Certified Tile Installer (CTI) curriculum. Topics covered in the guide include:
- Working safely in construction environments,
- How to use the TCNA Handbook and ANSI Specifications,
- An overview of thin-bed installation methods for tile,
- Concrete, masonry and wood substrates,
- Using bonding materials to set ceramic tile,
- How to install backer boards and bonded membranes,
- The different types of ceramic tile and how they perform,
- Setting tile on wall and floors,
- Grouting, caulking, sealants, and movement accommodation joints.
Each section includes a glossary of tile industry terms and review questions.
This home-based self-study is designed to allow the user to read and absorb the written materials on a pace that suits his or her situation. Without taking time away from daily work activities, the student can review the FTBK Study Guide and gain the knowledge necessary to become a valuable asset to tile industry clients.
Likewise, the online open book knowledge test is taken at home providing minimal schedule disruption.